Thursday, February 11, 2010

I finished up some zippered pouches today. They're pretty basic but I still enjoy making them. I especially like it when they're all lined up!










A few of my favourites.












I sewed my first zipper pouch about five months ago with a LOT of help from Google. When I conquered the zipper I felt like I could do anything! Once you get the hang of it they really are pretty easy. I like having them around to give as little gifts. My plan is to try and sell some of them on etsy once I get my shop set up. I'm pretty excited about that! Hopefully that will happen in the next week or so.

I was feeling pretty insecure about it but I got so much positive feedback from my pictures on facebook - and I just love sewing so much! - that I decided I will give it a try. Plus it's something I can do while at home with my kids and I love that! The internet (mostly crafty and quilty blogs) really exposed me to a whole new world of beautiful fabric and possibilites that I never even knew existed a year ago. I've become a little obsessed :)

Anywho, here's one last picture from about 6 months ago of my kids wearing the only clothing I've sewn for them. This is just a regular old pattern that my mom got for free from a friend. The kids seem to like them though!


2 comments:

  1. Those are soooo cute! Love those pants too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should contact Sandra (Bickle) Howling...she makes soap & facial products. I could see her products in your bags!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sew Lovely